I want my cake and EAT it too.

10:01:00 AM

Lots to say this morning and lots to do (including fixing my kids breakfast), but there is only one thing on my mind this morning... chicken alfredo pasta with bread sticks. 

If you know me well, you know that I have been struggling with my thyroid.  Since being diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism, I have either been prego or nursing.  So pretty much for the last 4 years, I have had an excuse on all of the abnormal hormonal ups and downs, the hair loss and the extreme fatigue.  Now that I am neither prego, nor nursing, one would think that some of these symptoms would cease, especially given that my meds have been increased.  Wrong.  If anything I am worse.  Some days I feel like I can't even lift my arm without taking a nap first.  Oh and the nap scene.  You may be thinking that a nap sounds pretty good right now and that I am crazy for not wanting to take one.  And I will admit the occasional Sunday afternoon nap does sound enticing, but that is not what I am talking about.  These naps are essential for me to even be able to make it through the rest of my day, leaving me still tired, but at least able to make it thru dinner and bathtime and return to bed early that evening.  That is ridiculous and I hate it.  I know that God is healer of all sickness and disease and that he took this disease, my disease, on the Cross.   So I have prayed for healing and I have prayed for knowledge.  After all, I am really uneducated when it comes to my thyroid and I have spent years taking the advice from medical professionals without asking any questions or seeking anything alternative.  So I believe that knowledge may come before total healing.  Even though I am declaring that I am healed. 

So I ran into a girl at my small group and after much discussion, I have decided to take action in several ways.  I am meeting with my doctor again this week, having more blood work drawn and seeking the advice of a holistic chiropractor (this may be next week) for some alternative healing.  One of the 1st decisions that I made was to eliminate gluten from my diet this week.  This wasn't a decision I just made without any thought.  I actually had lots of thoughts.  I don't want to do this.  This is just crazy.  I don't want to jump on the "gluten-free bad wagon" because God didn't create me to live in fear of food.  I love bread. Real bread.  I hate this idea. 

Then, Joyce Meyer changed my perspective yesterday morning along with many others' opinions of people who have struggled with the very same thing...

Page 262 ~ New Day, New You 366 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer


So I am on day 2 of gluten free and I am actually feeling energized... along with starving, my head hurts and my body is starting to ache.  The Olive Garden commercials showing bread sticks and pasta have GOT to go and I have images of muffins and chocolate brownies dancing in my head.  All I want to do is eat a granola bar and a piece of bread dipped in Olive Oil and Parmesan cheese. 

Geez... 

I have got stop thinking about Carbs.

So pray for me.  Pray for answers.  Pray for restraint. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

BTW...

I posted the other day on Facebook this post.  I had no idea that so many people would jump on board with my excitement and want to know so badly what all the excitement was about.  Then I quickly realized that everyone thought I was pregnant.  No. Not yet anyways.

So if you are still interested in my exciting news, here ya go...

I got a JOB!  Not just any job, but a job working at our church, LCC, where I will be assisting the leader of the Children's Ministry.  I will oversee the second service and assist with curriculum, routines and procedures.  So up my alley, it's crazy.  Such a God-given opportunity and I am so grateful. 
Plus the friend that I am working with is awesome! 

I will keep you posted. Take Care. Be blessed.
AND Eat a piece of cake for me.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The timing of this post is perfect. As you know, I had my thyroid removed 15 years ago but am seriously struggling lately with energy as well. Although my blood levels are where my oncologist and endocrinologist want them, I still feel 'off'. I was just reading a book last week about how a gluten free diet might help (as well as sugar and dairy free- yikes!). I haven't started yet because I'm trying to eat up the groceries we have, but I'd LOVE to hear more about how this goes for you as you continue. Thanks for sharing and I'm praying you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook.

Instagram.

Subscribe