In two different places...

4:54:00 PM

Day 2...  of Wade's new job!  Exciting right?  I can't tell you the JOY that still overcomes me when I think about the fact that after almost 2 very long years that my husband finally has a job!  Not just a job, but a great one at that!  If you are a new reader, you can read about this exciting quest and gift of the Lord here; and if you are an Up to Date Reader, then you probably already know that not only is this Day 2 of Wade's new job, but it is also Day 2 of me being a single mom.  That's right... Wade's job is in Wilmington, NC (the beach), while we are 4.5 hours away in Statesville.


We had such a great day prior to him leaving...  we stocked our cabinets full of groceries (possibly a little too much since the main eater of our household was now leaving), enjoyed each other and the nice weather, watched our little girl stand and dance all by herself for the 1st time and went to my grandmother's birthday party.


EJ says Cheeeeeeese for the camera while Lela sure is proud of her new trick!

Wade... pulling off the "Wade Nagy Construction, LLC" logo from his truck... bittersweet for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my grandmother's 85th birthday celebration, Wade pulled out of the driveway at 4:30pm on Sunday afternoon.  I held on to him as long as I possibly could, but soon realized the drive that lied ahead, so I needed to say my goodbyes and carry on.  He packed his bags, pulled out and then the tears flowed freely. 

Notice the Life is Good hat with a fish... hummmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it is Tuesday and it has been the longest week ever!!!  After a night of the worst stomach bug ever, frequent trips taking out the garbage (which I never do), cleaning up after a massive thunderstorm all by myself and over 48 hours of handling 2 children alone, I have come to realize how much of a HELP my husband really is!  The tasks of holding my hair back when I am sick, taking out the horrible smelling diaper genie bags, cleaning up the yard and of course the extra set of hands each evening, are just a few of the things that I have taken for granted. 

To top in all off... I miss my better half.  I want so badly to share this journey with him.  Bless his heart, he has sent so many pictures of his job site and the surrounding area to hopefully shed a little light on what his new life is like... so much that I told him to get back to work!  Ha! 

He even sent some pics of his morning run out on the beach... jealous would be an understatement!   But here is the reality...  I know that this has it's purpose.  Do I think God wants us to be apart?  No.  But I do think that this is just another learning experience.  I know that God is going to work out all of the small details according to His plan and that His PLAN does include us being together as a family of 4 in ONE place... not two.  We miss our Wade Nagy.  House please sell soon.

So until then, I am taking the time to make mental notes of all the extra work that I am having to do around here so that when the day comes that all I want to say is... "I do everything around here!" ... I will think twice.  God sure did give me the best fish in the beach... I mean sea.    


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note...

I saw this on GMA one morning and it really sparked an interest to help.  I often feel that I am not doing enough and that God created me for more, so when I saw this about Hope Phones, I thought I CAN do that!  So I am collecting as many cell phones that I possibly can.  My goal?
100 cell phones!

Hope Phones...
Every cell phone given to community health workers connects distant patients to a medical clinic. A $10 cell phone will give 50 families access to emergency medical care, health information, transport services, and clinic resources.
When your old phone is received by the recycling center, it is given a value. We’ll use this value to purchase appropriate, usable cell phones for community health workers at the medical clinics. The average donated phone in the US will allow us to purchase 2-3 cell phones for clinics.


So Please HELP!  I have collected a few already.  Found 4 in my house alone.  Please email me if you are interested in helping!  I just think this is a simple, creative way for us to give back and of course show Christ through our actions.   Be the change!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook.

Instagram.

Subscribe