Thrive Marriage Conference3:46:00 PM
THRIVE MARRIAGE CONFERENCE at LCC... Wade and I went to our very 1st marriage conference, thanks to my in-laws, for our Valentine's weekend. I will be honest, I wasn't to sure of the idea when Wade first approached me about it... "Well what's wrong with our marriage?" immediately popped up in my head and it was like all of my defense mechanisms were going off by the dozen! But, then it dawned on me... we tend to everything else in our life, we make efforts to learn and grow in other areas, so why wouldn't I want to learn more about how to make our marriage Thrive?
I would highly recommend that if you have never given your marriage (good or bad) a little TLC with a weekend away and some of the most valuable marriage advice possible (His Word)... then you should really give it a try! Here is what WE learned...
- God created us for pleasure... a marriage should be pleasurable!
- The more we work together as couple to get closer to God, the closer we become as Husband and Wife.
- When you truly depend on God for everything, your marriage will thrive--- you should not fall apart when a trial comes your way!
- Rid yourself of what the world thinks marriage and sex should look like.
- It is never about "right" or "wrong" in is about RESTORATION.
- Attack Problems, Not People... wholesome words to your spouse is not only biblical, but it encourages, builds up and gives grace to those that hear it.
- Act, Don't React... Use the same compassion that Christ exemplifies to handle problems, not our flesh.
- We do all of this not to create a good marriage, we do it because it is who God has called us to be!